Most Anticipated Movies of 2019

After not knowing what to write this week for my blog, I went to Twitter in hopes that someone would be able to help me. One thing that stuck out was talking about my most anticipated movies of 2019. I thought that this was a good idea and am surprised that I haven't talked about them yet. This year doesn't seem to have as many original movies as in the past and with that, there are only five films that I am anticipating this year, as of April 6th, 2019.

The first film that I am excited to see is already out in theaters and that is Us, Jordan Peele's second directed film. I saw Get Out for the first time last April for my American Cinema final. I had no desire to see it because I am not a horror fan. After seeing that film, I loved it more than I thought I was going too. It is a horror film with social messages and it was clever. When I heard that he was coming out with this film, I knew that I had to see it on the big screen, definitely during the day. I have heard nothing but good things about this film and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get to see the film next weekend.

The second film that I am excited to see is Toy Story 4. I know that a lot of people grew up with Toy Story and can say that it is their favorite Pixar movie series ever, at least I can. When I heard that they were making a fourth film, I was surprised. I thought the third film had a great ending that made me sob uncontrollably and tied everything up in a nice little bow. The concept of this film seems interesting and because I love Toy Story, I'll most likely go see this movie. I feel that a lot of people won't see it because it is unnecessary but at the same time, a lot of people love Toy Story and will go see it for that reason alone. It will definitely be nostalgic and I 'm excited to see what direction this film decides to take.

The third film that I am excited to see is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Quentin Tarantino's next big film. The concept seems interesting and has an A-List cast from Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt to Margot Robbie and Al Pacino. It is star-studded for sure. I have come around to watching some of Tarantino's films within the past couple of years and I am a fan. The first film that I watched was The Hateful Eight and I thought it was too gory and that the plot went all over the place. After that, seeing Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds has solidified how good Quentin Tarantino really is. The violence and blood is something that you grow accustomed too the more you watch him. I am sure this film will not hold back on the blood and violence and I am excited to see DiCaprio and Pitt act alongside together. I feel that they will be a great duo that no one thought needed to happen until now.

The fourth film that I am excited to see is A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors of all time and to see him playing Mister Rogers is something that I am genuinely excited to see. After watching Won't You Be My Neighbor earlier this year, it has made me want to learn more about Mister Rogers and has also made me appreciate him a lot more for the work that he did for children and people all over the world. I think that it will be a tear jerker for sure and I will definitely have to bring some tissues.

The last film that I am excited about is The Art of Self Defense. I was stumbling online and found this film was being released this year with not a lot of information. The plot seems to be about this guy who wants to take karate and learn how to defend himself with bullying being present in his life. Jesse Eisenberg is the main role and I think that he is the perfect actor for portraying this character. From watching the teaser trailer in IMDb, it seems that it will be a comedy mixed with dramatic tones throughout. As someone who has been doing karate for a long time, I am interested to see how they portray martial arts. I don't know when this will be coming out in theaters but when it does, I will definitely be on the lookout for this film.

These are the movies that I am anticipating the most for this year. What are some movies that you are anticipating in 2019? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello... Again

Top 10 Movies That I Saw in 2020

Top 5 Favorite Best Picture Winners