Favorite Actresses

With sharing some of my favorite actors of all time last week, I figured that it would only be fair to share some of my favorite actresses. To be honest, there are not a ton of actresses I love but there are five actresses that I enjoy watching on the silver screen for their versatility and talent throughout the years.

One of my favorite actresses is Meryl Streep. She has been around for a long time and has proven that she can really do it all from comedy to drama and has done some musicals. She has also done projects for Disney. With every role she portrays, she dives into the character so deeply to make it believable and authentic and not come across as ingenuine. I haven't seen a lot of her work but I plan on watching more of her because she is very talented. It is no surprise why she gets nominated for an Oscar what seems to be every year. Another actress I love to watch is Amy Adams. She is another actress that can do it all. She is very likeable from interviews I have seen of her. She also gets into her roles very seriously and comes across as believable. My favorite movie she has been in was Arrival. She took her career to another level with that performance. I still believe she should have been nominated for an Oscar for Arrival but that is another story for another day. Another actress I enjoy watching is Viola Davis. She is a straight-up badass as well as vulnerable and that reflects through the roles that she portrays. Viola Davis goes deep with the roles that she portrays so it comes off as authentic. On TV, she is fabulous in How to Get Away With Murder. My favorite movie that she was in was Fences. She one-hundred percent deserved her Oscar win for that performance. Julie Andrews is another actress that I have loved watching on the big screen, mostly because of her performances in Mary Poppins and The Sound of Music. She made those roles effortless and had a radiant sprit that could not be denied. When I was a kid, I thought for the longest time that she had brown hair and when I found out that she had blonde hair for The Sound of Music, I was shocked.

My favorite actress of all time is without a doubt Katharine Hepburn. She was different from other actresses around her time. I heard that she would wear pants instead of dresses alot. I also heard that she would smoke as well. She was definitely unconventional for her time and that is something I appreciate about her. She was very intelligent and witty and would not be afraid to show that in some of her movies, which I think could be a reason that she could have been difficult to work with. Some of my favorite movies she was in include The Philadelphia Story, On Golden Pond, and The Lion in Winter.

Who are some of your favorite actresses? Let me know in the comments.

Comments

  1. I agree with you on all of these actresses. My favorites for Meryl Streep are Sophie's Choice and Kramer vs. Kramer. My all-time favorite for Katharine Hepburn is On Golden Pond, filmed right here in NH.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello... Again

Top 10 Movies That I Saw in 2020

Top 5 Favorite Best Picture Winners